In the winter months I always find myself wearing dark nail varnish. One that I picked up recently was a nail polish by Crabtree and Evelyn in the shade ‘Black Cherry’. Crabtree and Evelyn are a brand mostly known for their hand creams and body and fragrance products, however they also sell a range of nail lacquers.
- The colour is really nice, it is a very dark burgundy shade which is almost black.
- It is really easy to apply, the colour goes on evenly and without streaks.
- The polish dries quite quickly.
- The Crabtree and Evelyn website also claims that it reinforces and protects nails.
- The formula is quite thin, so it takes a few coats for it to be completely opaque.
- I found that the polish chipped quite quickly even though I applied a base and topcoat.
- It costs £6.00, which is more expensive than some other brands (such as Barry M) and I’m not sure if the quality is better.
Below is photo of the polish on my nails:
Overall I really like the colour of this nail varnish. It is perfect for the winter and the fact that it is a very dark burgundy/ black shade makes it slightly unusual compared to other shades I own. The formula is a little thin, but this helps it apply evenly and I always apply at least 2 coats of nail varnish anyway.
Overall Rating- 7.5/10
The Crabtree and Evelyn Nail Lacquers cost £6 each and are available to buy online at Crabtree and Evelyn (they are currently on offer 3 for 2).