Another month has gone by and it’s time for another My Little Box review. This month’s box was called ‘My Little Super Box’ and had a super hero theme. February’s box was amazing so I had high expectations for this edition, but unfortunately I was disappointed. The lifestyle products were cute as always but the beauty products didn’t impress me.
Included in the box this month:
- My Little World Magazine– I always enjoy having a quick read of this. Again there was a mixture of content including recipes, interviews, photos and beauty tips. There was no illustration card this month. I never found a use for them, but I thought they were a good edition to the box.
- Superhero Stickers– The 10 year old me would have LOVED these, but the 22 year old me has nowhere to use them. They are cute but I can’t think of many people who could make use of these.
- T-shirt– This isn’t to my taste but I like the idea of a t-shirt in a subscription box. For me it is quite tight fitting (I’m a size 10-12) and I prefer to wear my t-shirts oversized. I will definitely use this as a pyjama top though!
- Pencil Bluff– This comes from My Little Box’s brand ‘My Little Beauty’ and costs £10.50. It is a lip and cheek pencil, although I can’t see myself using it on my lips. The product description says to apply it to well hydrated lips for a matte effect. I applied this to my lips and they looked awful, the product just went flakey. Maybe I need to apply more lip balm first! Hopefully it will perform better as a blusher as it is a pretty colour.
- Caudalie’s Hand and Nail Cream– I find it difficult to get excited about hand creams. This product is lovely though, it leaves my hands feeling soft and it smells amazing! The product costs £12 for 75ml.
- Lait Cristal by Kerastase– This is a conditioner that claims to leave hair luminous, soft and supple. I haven’t tried it yet but I really liked the hairspray I received in a previous box. This product costs £20 for 200ml.
Overall I wasn’t a huge fan of My Little Super Box. Although the lifestyle products were well designed, I don’t have many uses for them. I was also a little disappointed with the beauty products. The conditioner and hand cream, while nice, didn’t excite me. I need to try out the pencil bluff more, but my first impressions weren’t great. I hate writing a negative review about My Little Box because I usually love it so much. Hopefully next month will be My Little Box back to it’s best! Do you subscribe to My Little Box? What did you think about My Little Super Box?
My Little Box is a monthly subscription box and is available for £11 plus postage from My Little Box.