I am a big fan of beauty boxes and the Glamour Summer Edit Box is one of my favourites so far. Every season Glamour teams up with Latest In Beauty to create a box filled with products perfect for that time of year. I do try to resist these boxes because I already receive My Little Box each month, but as soon as I saw the products I knew I had to buy it! I have tried out a few of the products, so I’ll give you a run down of what is included in the box and some first impressions too.
- Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon– I received the shade “Peach on the Beach” which is a lovely pink colour. I think it does look a lot more pink than orange, but it feels nice and moisturising on the lips. This is also a full size product worth £7.99, which is almost half the price of the box! You can buy these here.
- Nails Inc Gel Effect Polish– Like the Lip Crayon there are 3 possible shades you can receive in the box. I received “Uptown”, which is a beautiful dusty pink colour. I haven’t been impressed with Nails Inc polishes in the past and I was hoping that the Gel Effect range would work better for me, but it chipped within a day. It’s a shame because the colour is lovely and it does have a shiny finish.
- Vita Liberata Trystal Minerals and Brush– There are some items in beauty boxes that are “nice” and “useful” and there are others that make you buy the box. This bronzer was a big factor in me buying the box. It’s the first ever self tanning bronzer- who wouldn’t be excited by that? I have tried this a few times and I haven’t seen any lasting tan yet, but it does work well as a bronzer. I’m hoping it will work after more use. Also the brush that comes with it is great. It is so soft and distributes the product well.
- Eucerin Face Sun Cream– These also vary per box. I received the Factor 30 Face Sun Creme for dry skin. This is perfect for me as I do have dry skin. I haven’t had a chance to try this out but I will be taking it to Glastonbury with me, where it will get a lot of use (hopefully!).
- Pixi Glow Tonic- I have wanted to try out the Pixi Glow Tonic for a while, so I was very happy to see it included in this box. The sample size is quite small, so it will be difficult to see any long term effects, but immediately after using it my skin does feel firmer and softer. I am definitely considering buying the full size.
Hair and Body
- Balance Me Super Toning Body Polish– This product is an exfoliator, toner and moisturiser in one. I don’t really use exfoliators (I probably should), so I am looking forward to trying this one.
- L’Occitane Shampoo and Conditioner– I have been trying out a few L’Occitane products after last month’s My Little Box, so it was nice to have a couple of additions. It is difficult to see the effects after one wash, but I do like the fragrance (I think this might be a love or hate thing).
- Caudalie Divine Oil– This is probably the product I know least about. I haven’t tried it yet and I’m not entirely sure how to use it (anyone have any ideas?).
- Seekers of The Sun Temporary Tattoos– I think some people will really love receiving these tattoos and for others they will end up unused in a drawer somewhere. Luckily I am going to Glastonbury (have I mentioned that?), so will be able to make use of them. I was going to buy some anyway, so they are actually one of my favourite items in the box.
Overall I am really pleased with the Glamour Summer Edit box. I think it is good value for money and gave me the chance to try out a few products I’ve had my eye on. Have you bought this box or are you considering buying it? What do you think about the products included?
The Glamour Summer Edit Box costs £17.99 plus postage and is available from Latest In Beauty.